When planning your Wedding Day it is worthwhile knowing that there is a legal requirement for the couple to sign and lodge a “Notice of Intended Marriage” form with your Celebrant at least one month and one day prior to the date of your wedding. Otherwise the wedding might have to be postponed!!

A copy of this form is amongst the material I give to each couple at our first meeting, though you might prefer to download it from the Attorney General’s website www.ag.gov.au. To complete the form the Celebrant needs to sight official copies of your birth certificates. If you are a divorced person or a widow/widower you are required to supply evidence  of  divorce or of the death of the partner.

If you would like to talk with me about any concerns or quiestions you might have on this matter, or any other issues concerning Civil Celebrancy, I’d love to hear from you! 

Leave a Reply